Machine Design and Manufacture
At Acumat Australia we prefer to keep as much design and manufacture ‘in-house’ as possible in order to keep tight control on quality.
To achieve this we have the following.
• Computer aided design utilising Autodesk Inventor 3D software for the design of systems, assemblies and components.
• Design of general arrangements and detail designs for CNC retrofits, additional robotic axes, positioners and end effectors, and special purpose machines.
• Machine shop with lathes, milling machines, Herbert De-Vlieg Jig Mill, Churchill slideway grinder, Blohm surface grinder and numerous small machines.
• Fabrication bay with Mig, Arc and Oxy welding facilities.
• Steam cleaning bay.
• Spray booth.
• Fitting bay with benches, 30 tonne press, granite and cast iron surface tables, granite and steel straight edges, master squares, all metrology equipment, pedestal drills, compressed air etc.
• 10 Tonne overhead gantry crane and a plethora of lifting gear