At Acumat Australia we prefer to keep as much design and manufacture ‘in-house’ as possible in order to keep tight control on quality. To achieve this we have the following:-
• Computer aided design utilising Autodesk Inventor 3D software for the design of systems, assemblies and components;
• Design of general arrangements and detail designs for CNC retrofits, additional robotic axes, positioners and effectors, and special purpose machines.
• Machine shop with lathes, milling machines, Herbert De-Vlieg Jig Mill, Churchill
slideway grinder, Blohm surface grinder and numerous small machines;
• Fabrication bay with mig, arc and oxy welding facilities;
• Steam cleaning bay;
• Spray booth;
• Fitting bay with benches, 30 tonne press, granite and cast iron surface tables, granite and steel straight
edges, master squares, all metrology equipment, pedestal drills, compressed air etc;
• 10 Tonne overhead gantry crane and a plethora of lifting gear.
Since our inception in 1991, we have designed many special purpose machines, including the following:-
• A 2.1 m swing x 300 mm stroke C.N.C. lathe for the manufacture of eurethane seals
• A12 m long C.N.C. drilling and plasma profiling machine for processing Kenworth chassis rails.
• Two groove rolling machines for Onesteel.Early in 2006, we commenced designing a second chassis rail processing machine for Iveco in Dandenong, Victoria, Australia. We now call this machine "ACUCUT 12000"