The restoration of a Machine Tool to the original specification ( or perhaps better ) has many benefits. Among those benefits are improved axis straightness and squareness and reduced lost motion. The machine will then allow a wider selection of contracts.
We undertake total reconditioning of Machine Tools and production machinery. This work includes:
• Strip down and assessment of machine;
• Slideway grinding;
• Relining of old slideways with new material such as turcite, unascite, rulon, bakelite, bakelite backed nylon and bronze;
• Hand and machine scraping of slideways, keepers and gibs;
• Hand and machine half moon “mottling or flaking” of slideways, keepers and gibs;
• Reconditioning of spindle heads, facing heads, large cross roller bearings, gearboxes, saddles, slideway assemblies, etc;
• Re-engineering of lubrication systems;
• Final painting (two pack epoxy enamel).